Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Birthday Like Never Before

WARNING: THIS IS A VERYYY LONG POST. (wanted 2 put some pics 2 make it more interesting, but it wil take a long time, so.. i guess not. haha..)

alot of things had happened in these few days.. let's start from sunday nite: i had a discussion wit wk 4 d 1st time, n 4 once, v were talkin bout studies, rather than chit-chatting. haha.. lasted til 2.30am. gosh, i dont rmb studying til so late ever for a class test. but it turned out 2 b quite a success. i had jus 5 wrongs, n even he scored a distinction. hopefully he wil get better. i also hope to improve his english, but it feels weirrrdd speakin eng to him! since i came here, there r alot of frens whom i speak chinese to, n i cant seem to speak english 2 them already. lol.. (lee mei, i know u r like: WHATT?? if u r reading this. cant believe rite? my chinese improved alot, wit the expense of my eng. speak chinese more than english nowadays. haha..

once i got back home, i saw a note for a parcel, went 2 take it, n one look at the writing, the prettiest, cutest, charming-est girl came into my mind. haha.. "the sg girl". n within it r a card n a love letter, n a decoration item. been so long since i read a letter n such long msg in a card. lol.. the contents brought alot of sweet memories to me. n some which i dont even rmb anymore. but i appreciate it alot. =)

then monday nite, basicaly was jus studyin 4 pbl, n tue's pbl turned out quite well, though it was long n tedious. soon after that, went to udupi to shop for clothes. bought 2 at big bazaar 4 rs898. i was actually very reluctant 2 buy, but oh well.. i need clothes after all. the sad thing is, there is no more promotion. i should have bought more last year at that MEGA SALE.

went back, n had dinner with jas, gil n cx at china valley. they tried their best to surprise me, but i guess its too obvious. haha.. when jas went to take the cake, n gil asked the waiter to play the birthday song, i was already smiling out loud. n cx said: she is jus going to the toilet. haha..
then, even the other customers sang along for me. n i had my first birthday wish. which is for my parents. the china valley manager then gave me a birthday mug, but inside seems dirty n it cant seem 2 b cleaned, so i guess it will be just for decoration i guess. next, went to piccolo 4 ice cream b4 heading back home.

once home, initialy i thought that they would disturb me at 12am, but i was so wrong. lol. well, i went 2 sleep by 11.30pm, n b4 that sticked a note outside my door staticng: "do not disturb" but took it off in the end, coz if they did come, it would b bad of me 2 shoo them away. anywayy, i woke up at 6.30am the next day, w/o a single disturbance. 2 b honest, i was a lil disappointed. but later i found out that mayb, it wil b boring 2 use the same tactic again n again. lol..

in d mornin, suddenly had d urge 2 go the hillpoint, thus prayed that it wouldnt rain, n i went there, listening to God's songs n enjoying His presence. it drizzled in d end though, but it feels good getting drenched by the rain on my bday. hehe.. went back home 2 bath b4 going 2 class. i was thinkin whether 2 wear my new clothes, but i think i better not draw so much attention to myself. lol..

khang they all didnt wish me at all, (some others msg me in fb or phone). i guess they r keepin silent till later. then i had lunch with zee, joshua, jasbir n cx at dollops. n the funniest thing happened. oh ya b4 that, i had my second cake from kar yong during the break time. not really a cake, but a erm.. not sure of what its called, jus a type of confectionery. anyway, after lunch, zee asked: "david, can u come 2 class by 1.30pm? i got things 2 ask u"

me: what things?
zee: micro
me: i havent even read anything. there is no point for me to go. (smiling already)
zee: i want to ask u bout block 1 immunity, there's sth that i m not sure.
me: cx is going 2 class, u can ask him (smiling widely already)
zee: i dont like him! i want u! make sure u come ok?
me: lol.. ok ok. (hahaha)
zee: dont worry i din plan anything!!

at first i planned not to go at all, but since they already planned everything, it wil b too bad not 2 go. then i went there, n i saw everyone, pretendin to do their stuffs, not bothering me at all. n shalini came 2 initiate convo wit me, askin me whether 1 2 go genting or not etc etc. n she was directin me away from the rest of them. lol.. i pretended 2, s not 2 know. bla bla, the light was then off, n they then sang the song n lc brought a 2kg cake: Happy birthday, dolly David- 21st
n many ppl were there, though i myself m not sure who were there. i was smilin continuously.
i made my 2nd wish then- bout me n my friends.

we began 2 cut the cake, n lc they all distributed the cake 2 almost whoever who were there. i myself didnt do it coz i wil feel so pai seh! haha.. then that kar yong went n smear the cake on my face b4 the others did the same!! >< dirtied mine n aki's places. lol.. next, lectures started again.. n dragged til 4.30pm. by maam hima. sigh. i was hopin class will end earlier.

invited gil n wk 2 go end point, n at 1st i thot of buyin ice kacang there n sit at the hill, while eatin n chatting there. it wil feel so nice. but wk cant come, n only me n gil. in d end i bought bubble tea, b4 it started 2 drizzle!! i prayed n in a while it became sunny again! thank God! went 2 end point, (my 1st time since i entered year 2) n chat with gil til around 6.30 b4 heading back. been so long since v last went there to chat. talked bout our 1st year, jasbir, etc etc. it wil b nice if we can do so on n off, mayb wit wk together.

went back home 2 change n the dinners at planet cafe. that wk told me its jus a small gather n a normal dinner. i then played wit him by sayin that i wan fc instead, n i actualy hve other dates n cant come. haha.. turned out its rather a big gathering. though, 2 b honest, i felt quite awkward. mayb its coz i dont know how to respond to such a situation. sigh.. yee fu was askin me why i looked so sad. lol.. anyway, once i reached there, they brought out the third cake, made by pastor. n i had my third wish- bout our studies.

ate a burger-cordon blue, not nice at all. wanted 2 order sth else, but i know that i wouldnt have a chance to pay, so i didnt order anything expensive or any drink. wouldnt want them to spend anymore money. then they brought out the presents (refer 2 fb 4 more info- 2 much for me to mention here, this post is getting too long. lol) anyway i was quite touched by their efforts. n i love the card especialy. i actually knew wk was doing sth, but little did i gues it wil b like this. haha.. -the last supper-. (smile) then cf also baked a cake 4 me. (no wish, though)

but at that time, i had a mixed feeling. i seem 2 b quite confused bout what i was feeling. i should b feelin happy, but i dont think i m feelin happy at that time. i know if i ever mention that to them, they would b utterly disappointed, so i kept quiet bout it. went back after that, n was told to wait outside hostel. then asked me 2 turn around n walked backwards, n turned, n there was kar yong with his baked cakes. made my 4th wish- friendship forever- (actually i may have mixed up all the wishes. cant really rmb them accurately. lol) he baked 2 differnt kinds n 2 say the truth, i was very full (esp with cakes). smiled n ate them though, with some leftovers which i brought back to my room.

all of them came 2 my room 2 opened the presents. 1st time so many came 2 my room at the same time. i guessed correctly- a book, a formal shirt, but cant guess yf's- a cross n a box, which she msg me later that she is sorry that she bought me a catholic cross. i told her its ok, i dont mind. once they r gone, i m all alone, n its around 10pm. actually i thought of "on"ing that nite but everyone is so tired n i guess they 1 2 study or rest 4 d day. i really felt like spendin my last 2 hrs with them though. in d end, chat with isaac til around 11 b4 headin 2 bath (n its cold water! it wouldnt heat up!) n.. then.. went calvin's room 2 look at the pics b4 coming back at 12 to sleep...

i guess thats bout it for my birthday. i already summarised alot, n it would b much longer if i would have written every single thing. lol.. i think i will, in a book. to commemorate my 21st birthday. =)

(ps: lee mei, lol.. i salute u if u read thru the whole thing at one shot. hahaha..)

n oh ya, on d next day, i realized why i was feelin kind of upset. actually none of my family called me to wish me- only grace msg me. i never thought i wil feel upset bout this, though. but yang then msn-ed with me n said he tried calling but to no avail. then sis also called me n apologized. lol.. i havent call mother though. should do that tomorrow.. i guess thats all. i had a great birthday, after all. one of the best, if not the best ever. thanks to my friends n family.

No comments:

Post a Comment